High speed digital signals are essentially broadband RF signals by nature, which need to propagate
through a PCB or a system with a minimal distortion. The signal quality or Signal Integrity (“SI”) can
easily deteriorate due to multiple mechanisms, such as attenuation, crosstalk, mode conversion,
poor impedance matching, jitter, dispersion and other causes. As a result, the overall Bit Error Rate
(BER) is increased, while EMC test failures and product reliability problems emerge.
This training course deals with signal integrity and power integrity of high speed digital signals.
The topics include:
• Design and analysis of SI from PCB to system level and PI in the PCB level.
• Practical Design Guidelines for PCB design in multi restricted environment.
• Extensive SIPI theory and practice, demonstration of the studied material with the help of
dozens of examples from simulations and measurements.
• Briefing on data sheets and common specifications, familiarizing with simulation and
• SI proof of design and failure investigations, qualification in defining Layout instructions for
All professional engineers that are involved in design and manufacturing of products that contain
high speed digital signals, such as: board design, layout, SIPI, verification, system and process
Mr. Dror Haviv - has a M.Sc degree in electrical engineering with specialization in
electromagnetism and microwaves. He is one of the leading SI engineers in Israel and known
to have years of teaching experience in the SIPI field. Dror serves as an expert SI engineer and
a researcher. As part of his job, Dror qualifies, trains and supervises many engineers in the SIPI
field on a daily basis. Beyond his extensive SIPI knowledge he also has a deep familiarity with
various types of simulation tools and test equipment.
36 hours in total, Four daily sessions
Opening Date : Feb 4,2020